Friday, March 28, 2014

Spoiled

Since our son came home, [The Man I Love] and I have been the beneficiaries of his enthusiasm for cooking. Some of it was timing - we were both down with bad colds when he arrived, so he kindly fed us with delicious meals when, if we'd been on our own, we'd have been eating chicken noodle soup from cans.

But he's also just interested in cooking. He's been using fresh ingredients found at our local farmers' markets, which are inspiring to any creative cook. So when I get home from a long day at work, I find him in the kitchen, with the evening's menu planned and dinner on the stove.


Really, though, c'mon.....


Stuffed squash blossoms AGAIN?


Fried zucchini blossoms stuffed with herbed goat cheese, baby kale salad with walnuts and Asian pear.

I'm a lucky Mom.

7 comments:

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Damn! I'm coming over.

cookingwithgas said...

those look so good!! Claudia- pick me up!

smalltownme said...

You ARE lucky. Those look delicious!

Jenny said...

Oh my...what a treat. You two are being spoiled rotten! I'm so glad he's home! :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Oh, YUM!!

Anonymous said...

What joy! Your son is home and he is treating you to fab dinners. Would he be willing to share his recipe? I have read a few from chefs but I would love to try one that was successful at home.
Denise

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Stuffed squash blossoms are excellent! He plates up dinner like a pro. He's really gifted.